For those of you who use WordPress to promote your business or personal blog, here are some killer plugins that I would recommend for your site. These are plugins that I’ve used personally and for clients. They’ve each helped me expand and grow my business and personal blog.
Plus they’re all FREE!
- My Brand – Lets you create your own custom login page with your own custom logo. Great way to personalize your site. Also a great tool if you build WordPress sites for clients.
- Under Construction – Lets you work on your site behind the scene while visitors can only view your “Coming Soon” or “Under Construction” page. It also gives you the option to fully customize it.
- WPtouch – Automatically transforms your WordPress site into an iPhone app theme. Great way to allow mobile viewers to visit and view your content on your site conveniently from their mobile devices.
- WordPress.com Stats – Lets you track the number of hits and pageviews to your site daily. You can monitor which pages get the most traffic, where traffic is coming from, and more! You’ll need to enter in your API key once it’s installed. The rest is smooth sailing.
- All In One SEO Pack – With over 6 million downloads, this plugin optimizes your WordPress blog for search engine optimization. It automatically optimizes your titles and content for SEO. Great for non-SEO savvy users as well as SEO strategists.
- Tweetmeme Retweet Button – With over 400,000 downloads, this plugin is currently used by Techcrunch, Wired, and Time Magazine. It adds a button at the bottom of every post that allows you or viewers to easily retweet your blog posts to Twitter. Great tool for sharing your posts and generating traffic.
- Facebook Fan Box Widget – Lets you display your Facebook fan box in the sidebar of your site. Viewers can “Like” your fan page by simply clicking the Like button. Great tool for connecting your site and Facebook fan page.